Pages

March 28, 2012

The Success of March

by Susan Reichert, Editor-in-Chief


All this month I’ve notice people were a bit more perky. Saw a lot more smiles on faces and decided to ask around to see if it had anything to do with the fact we think of March as being the lucky month. After all March has the wee people, the Leprechauns and pots of gold at the end of the rainbows.

I was surprised to learn that most of them felt good about March. Here were some of the typical answers. One young woman said, “I feel great, it’s March.” An older man said, “Oh things always get better in March for me.” A grandmother said, “March is a happy month, don’t you feel it?” One young man in college said, “March is my lucky month, good things always happen to me in March.” Well there you have it. March is indeed thought of as the ‘Lucky Month’.

I take my hat off to whoever started ‘branding’ March as the lucky month.

We are our own brand. Everything we do helps or can hurt our brand. How do people perceive us? We are building our brand whether we realize it or not. Authors build their brand before they even write their book. Moreover, the building continues long after the book is written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment