Pages

December 2, 2022

Meet The Giving Snowman

Julia Zheng

On a snowy night, Snowman lends a helping hand to Bird, Rabbit, Farmer, and Traveler when they are in need. The next day when the sun comes out and melts Snowman, Bird, Rabbit, Farmer, and Traveler work together as a team to rebuild Snowman.
The Giving Snowman is a book about kindness and gratitude. Children can learn through the story that giving to others is a virtue that connects all of us and makes our lives more beautiful.

(A perfect Christmas gift for children ages 3-8)


Julia Zheng is a children’s author from Fujian, China. She now lives in Massachusetts. Zheng graduated from Nanchang University, where she majored in English and studied Western culture. She taught English in a primary school in southern China before moving to the United States. Her teaching experience and passion for writing have inspired her to write children’s books, especially stories that convey important messages through humor, warmth, and a happy or unexpected ending.

Here is her story:


I was born and grew up in a small town in southern China. My childhood was very different from those of the American children that I have seen in the past seven years. When I was little, I used to pick water chestnuts in the mud, roast sweet potatoes in the backyard, raise silkworms as pets, and jump rope with my neighbors.

Those memories are forever precious to me because they always remind me of how caring my mother was and how close my bonds with my siblings were.

At school, my favorite thing to do was write. At first, I wrote in Chinese. Once I learned more English, especially after I went to University and majored in English, I started to love to write in English too. I have always dreamed of being a writer, a storyteller, creating interesting stories.

After I graduated from University, I became an English teacher in a primary school in China. I loved teaching children, and my students loved me. They showed me their pure minds and beautiful souls. That was the first thing that inspired me to write children’s books. The second was my passion for traveling. I have traveled to five continents, and I hope to travel more. During my trips I have seen beautiful children, nature, animals, and adults. I have heard many fascinating stories from different cultures. This, too, has been a big inspiration for me to write children’s books.

Last, but most importantly: I’m a proud aunt of my niece, Candy, and nephew, Leon. Their bubbly personalities always give me new ideas to create. I am the kind of aunt who loves to tell stories. Watching Candy and Leon growing up has inspired me to create stories for children.

I hope you enjoy my books. There is more to come!

If you would like to write to me and see the updates of my books, please follow my instagram author page@ julialovestowrite. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment