Pages

January 22, 2018

Writing Goals for 2018


By Maritza Martinez Mejia


I believe goals for the New Year need to be based on achievements rather than failures.

Getting close to a New Year, let's reflect with a GRATEFUL heart on the challenges, failures, surprises, successes, and learning experiences from 2017. With that in mind,
what are your writing goals for the coming year?

I love to plan, prepare and project a blessed year with some easy ideas that may help you find the right path for a successful New Year’s beginning.  Step by step you can reach far.

1.    Use Dream Boards, also called Vision Boards to remind you the path you desire to follow, and the goals you hope to achieve during the upcoming year using the power of images.  For detailed information visit here.

2.   Planners or Calendars help to be organized by marking important due dates, meetings, and conferences or any important days you don’t want to miss. There a vast variety of calendars and planners. Which one is your best planner or calendar? I frankly use the calendar I received at the New Year’s Mass at my local church. I use it as MASTER CALENDAR. I mark all my children’s important activities in black pen. I use blue pen for my working days and purple for my book signing or book exhibitions. Finally, I use a red pen for important family activities, and green for TRIPS.


3.   Monthly Check List for a simple way to mark important dates in a list by month. After the task is done, you cross it off the list with a red pen. For me, the satisfaction of completing a task is unique. It gives me energy to keep going!


No matter the style you use, it is important to get organized and set goals to achieve success on your writing goals. Have a productive 2018!

_______________________________________________________________
Maritza Martínez Mejía ia Mother, Educator, Bilingual Author and Translator -Website: www.luzdelmes.com Recipient of the Crystal Apple Award 2006, VCB Poetry Winner 2015, The Latino Book Awards 2016 and Author’s Talk Book Show 2017. Five Books published and articles posted on Southern Writers Magazine and La Nota Latina. Graduated from Colegio Mayor de Cundinamarca in Commerce and Foreign Language and obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities and Women’s Studies from Florida Atlantic University. Maritza writes to inspire others to be better persons. ~ Escribo para inspirar a otros a ser mejor. #LuzDelMes - https://en.gravatar.com/luzdelmes

No comments:

Post a Comment