Pages

December 14, 2011

The Gift You Get When You Give

by Susan Reichert, Editor-in-Chief



There is just nothing more joyous than seeing a child’s face on Christmas morning. Their eyes are big as saucers as they look at all Santa left.
Do you remember that feeling standing in front of your Christmas tree looking at all the toys that Santa Claus brought? And oh, all the presents so brightly wrapped.
I hope this year we all remember to brighten the face of someone…perhaps a child by picking an angel on a tree or maybe you could brighten the heart of an elderly person in a nursing home who has no family.
We’ve all been told it is more blessed to give than to receive. I have never quite figured that out. You see when I give a present to someone I get such a warm and wonderful feeling seeing their face light up with joy. That is my present.

No comments:

Post a Comment