Pages

October 25, 2022

New Christian Suspense Thriller by F. D. Adkins


F. D. Adkins


F. D. Adkins is the author of the new Christian Suspense Thriller novels, TRUTH IN THE NAME and TRUTH IN THE WORD. Woven with dystopian elements and mixed with plenty of action, twists, turns, love, and laughs, both of these novels are part of her TRUTH series that will soon be a trilogy.

F. D. Adkins is a Christian fiction author and freelance writer. Her hope is to pass along the comfort that comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus while offering her readers a brief escape from life's struggles through an action-packed stories.

About TRUTH IN THE NAME:


What if someone erased your memory?

Would you still know God?


In 2049, President Denali has won the respect of the entire nation. At the same time, Ellie Hatcher is haunted by whispers of guilt. Two years ago, her sister vanished after she forgot to meet her for lunch. Since then, Ellie has dedicated her life to finding her. But when Ellie receives a letter from President Denali stating that he has chosen her to be a member of his special crime division, she has no idea that the raging waters in her life have only begun to pound the rocks. Soon after she arrives at the facility for training, she discovers that this special honor is not quite what it seems. As the truth is revealed, she enters a race against time to save the world and the man she loves from the president’s hunger for power. Ellie Hatcher may have been chosen as a pawn by the president, but her presence in the training facility just might be an assignment from God.

About TRUTH IN THE WORD:

If the enemy came to lay his claim,

would you bear the seal of the Holiest name?


Ellie is finally living the life of her dreams. But, across the country, outbreaks of violence are claiming innocent lives, and it keeps getting worse. Authorities discover the perpetrators all have one thing in common. They were all victims in President Denali’s training facility. The new president issues an executive order forcing all who had been held in President Denali’s facility back to Cheyenne Mountain Complex for testing. Upon arrival, Ellie’s hopes of a quick return home are shattered. As the group is brought back together and they search for the truth in a mountain of lies and deception, they discover that the reunion of their little army could be another assignment from God.

Meet F. D. Adkins:

When did you start writing, and how did you come up with the idea for your first novel?

I have always dreamed of being an author. However, I worked in banking up until my husband and I had children. Then, I became a stay-at-home mother. Now, both of my children are teenagers who drive, work, go to school, and spend more time with friends than before.

As my children began to enter this new phase of their lives, I suddenly had more time on my hands, and I found myself asking the question, “Now what?” I felt God was leading me to do something, but I had no clue as to what. Then one morning, during my workout, the idea for my first novel popped into my head. The more I thought about the concept, the more the plot came together. I started writing little by little in my spare time, and a year later, I had completed TRUTH IN THE NAME. Honestly, I am still in awe of the path that led to the TRUTH series. From getting a book contract to the release of the first book, then the second, and now, I am working on book three.

Why did you choose to write Christian Suspense?

I love reading books filled with suspense and action that also have a message of faith, and I like knowing when I sit down with a novel, I won’t have to worry about it containing anything that would go against God’s Word.

In writing Christian Suspense, I hope to pass along the comfort that comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus while offering readers a brief escape from life’s struggles through an action-packed story. In other words, my passion is sharing my faith through fiction.

What message do you hope your readers get from your novels?

The first book is about having Jesus in your heart and is meant to convey to the reader that while things in this world can change and even disappear, no one or nothing can take Jesus from your heart. When we truly accept Him as our Lord and Savior, Jesus sets up permanent residence in our hearts until He calls us home to spend eternity with Him in Heaven.

The second book is about being sealed with the Holy Spirit. When we ask Jesus into our hearts, God marks us with his seal, the Holy Spirit, that identifies us as children of God. So, while the devil can still wreak his havoc, tempt us, and whisper his lies in our ears, he can’t have us. If we have accepted Christ and put our trust in Him, we have the Holy Spirit inside us that not only guides us but is a guarantee that we will spend eternity in Heaven.

Do you have any unusual writing habits?

I do most of my brainstorming during my morning workout. There is something about running on the treadmill that seems to get my mind stirring. When I write, I must either have a cup of dark roast coffee or a bag of trail mix.

So, ‘now what’? What’s next for you in your writing?

I have always been a planner, but recently, God has been teaching me that it isn’t about my plan. It’s about His plan. Right now, I am working on book three. As for what’s next, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Visit her at: https://fdadkins.com/







    

No comments:

Post a Comment