Enter today and be a part of the
6th Annual Southern Writers Magazine’s SHORT STORY FICTION CONTEST
ENTRY FEE: $15.00 DEADLINE: June 15, 2017
1. Entry must be original fiction, unpublished (in any form). Must not be accepted by other publishers at time of submission.
2. Manuscript word count––1500 words maximum, 12 pt Times New Roman, double spaced. Word (.doc) format preferred over .docx. No Apple "Pages" please.
3. Your name, phone number, email address, mailing address and word count must be on page 1 ONLY with title and story beginning on page 2. No author identification beyond page 1.
4. No Erotica or controversial language. Keep it family-friendly.
Submit your story document online(see contact form below).
Send your $15.00 entry fee via PayPal (PayPal will appear once you have submitted your story.)
First story entry fee:............$15.00
Second story entry fee:........$10.00
To submit by regular mail, your check must be attached to story, made out to Southern Writers Magazine.
Mail to Southern Writers Magazine, 875 W Poplar Ave., Ste. #23-178, Collierville, TN 38017
1. Winners will be chosen from all entries received between May 1 and June 15, 2017 at 11:50 p.m.. Entries will be judged by a panel of editors and authors on the basis of writing quality, creativity, style, grammar and overall appeal. Judges will not know the identity of the entrants. Submissions must be the sole work of the entrant and previously unpublished in print or Internet. Submission constitutes understanding and acceptance of rules and guidelines and grants Southern Writers Magazine first rights to publish the winning stories. Entrant retains all other publishing rights. Multiple entries accepted ($15 first entry, $10 each additional). First Place, Second Place and Third Place winners will be asked to provide high-quality JPG photo. Inclusion will be at the discretion of the publisher, but every effort shall be made to secure a suitable photo. Publisher will also request a brief bio from winners to accompany their story.
2. Winners will be announced and contacted via email after all entries are evaluated and winners chosen. Expected date of bonus publication is August 2017.
3. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Open to all U.S. Residents and U.S. Citizens abroad, 18 years and older; except for the staff and families of Southern Writers Magazine.
Post a Comment