Pages

July 31, 2018

Christmas in July?



By Susan Reichert, Editor-in-Chief  for Southern Writers Magazine



I am not quite sure when someone decided to declare the month of July Christmas. And I do not mind; however when it is on TV it would be nice if they would show new 

Christmas movies and sprinkle the older ones in instead of so many old ones. Yes, I know they are recycling the movies and for the most part, I enjoy re-seeing some of them. Nevertheless, if I saw it December 2017 I do not particularly like seeing it again six months later. Other people enjoy that,probably.

My thought is there are many wonderful Christmas stories authors write so if they are going to show Christmas movies in July, why not take these wonderful stories from authors and make new ones to run in July. I have already received several new books with Christmas stories.

The shows about Christmas in July do remind me to take a little extra time for family, friends and myself. Making time to get together and enjoy each other’s company so I am thankful for the reminder.

I hope Christmas in July reminds authors to take time to pat themselves on the back for the hard work they have done so far this year. They have had to meet deadlines and goals. Each day is spent writing and rewriting drafts and creating wonderful worlds for their readers to enjoy. It is important to give ourselves credit for what we accomplish.
This July let us be thankful for what we have done; look forward to where we are going and what we will be doing. Writing is our passion.


No comments:

Post a Comment